Early this morning as I was scrolling through twitter I saw a chain of Tweets that caught my attention. It was an old high school peer of mine who just so happened to have a son recently.
Her chain explains the difference between raising a child in comparison to raising dogs as your children like so many people here in California do.
As a dog owner myself and a mother of a two year old I did feel a bit embarrassed reading these tweets because I am guilty of calling my dog my “second daughter” when the reality is that raising them is a hell of a lot different.
These are the tweets and I couldn’t agree more!
- You grow a child and share your body with them for 10 months, and then you push them out. (unlike dogs you can buy/adopt)
- You teach a child to be independent. Teach them to live and think on their own because eventually they leave your home.
- You teach your child to distinguish colors shapes sounds and feelings. Even how to read and write! this take A LOT of time and effort.
- You have to cook multiple meals for your child unlike a dog who has pre-baught and packaged food.
- The Cost alone is much much greater than a dog.
- You don’t have to teach your dog how to wipe, brush their teeth, bathe on their own, how to dress themselves, etc..
- Your child is going to contribute to society. How you raise them has a huge impact.
- You can’t just leave your child at home like a pet.
(Follow Lexi on twitter )
You can comment below your opinions and feel free to add more to the list!